New PROCLAIM Opti on target for leafrollers
PROCLAIM® Opti insecticide was released for the selective control of leafrollers in kiwifruit and avocados in 2022.
For the 2023 season, PROCLAIM® Opti is listed in the Zespri Crop Protection Standard with a shorter pre-harvest interval of 42 days.
Paul Wiebes, who owns and operates Western Bay Spraying in Katikati, used PROCLAIM® Opti for the first-time last season across approximately 120 ha of Gold3 and Hayward orchards from Waihi to Pahoia.
“I found it easy to use and was impressed with how easily it dissolved in the spray tank with no sediment remaining in the tank.
“Last year, we made only one application on orchards during the growing season as part of an IPM programme, but the revised 42-day PHI will allow later applications if needed this season.”
Features of PROCLAIM® Opti
- A new and enhanced formulation of emamectin for selective leafroller control in kiwifruit and avocados, and ideal for use in IPM programmes.
- Formulated as a water dispersible granule (WDG) using PEPITE granule technology, it produces less dust than conventional granules to offer superior handling, solubility, and user safety for the applicator.
- This season a smaller 80 g pack of PROCLAIM® Opti suitable for growers with smaller areas of kiwifruit, in addition to the 400 g packs launched last year.
- PROCLAIM® Opti should always be applied with a non-ionic wetting agent at label rates.
- When used in avocados to control leafroller, PROCLAIM® Opti has a short three-day PHI.