A natural broad-spectrum biofungicide for grapes
TIMOREX® GOLD is a natural plant-based broad-spectrum biofungicide, containing 222.5 g/litre of tea tree oil in the form of an emulsifiable concentrate.
Winner of “Best New Biopesticide” in the international AGROW Awards in 2013, this unique botanical based fungicide offers both conventional and organic winegrowers a ‘natural’ choice for powdery mildew control, with no chemical residues at harvest.
TIMOREX GOLD is BioGro certified for use in organic production (BioGro Number: 5706).
Features and benefits for New Zealand Winegrowers
- A natural fungicide for powdery mildew control.
- No chemical residues at harvest.
- Short pre-harvest interval (0 - 1 day).
- Unique (FRAC Group 46) mode of action.
- Broad spectrum disease control.
- Multiple modes of action.
- Resistance management tool.
- BioGro certified for organic vineyards.
- Harmless to beneficial insects and bees.
- Favourable environmental and worker safety profile.
- Excellent crop safety and tank mix compatibility.
- Stable formulation with good shelf life.
- More consistent efficacy than some biologicals.
- Does not affect wine taste or aroma.
The tea tree oil extract in TIMOREX GOLD contains over 100 compounds, with unique and multiple modes of action on various stages of the fungal life cycle.
Working as a contact fungicide, it ruptures the cell wall and membrane of fungi, causing the death of fungal cells. It also has some impact on mycelium development and suppression of existing colonies and sporulation.
Syngenta has tested the compatibility and crop safety of TIMOREX GOLD on winegrapes. It can be applied in mixture with a wide range of products, but must NOT be applied in mixture with sulphur on grapes.
TIMOREX GOLD can be applied to grapes up to 4 times per season when conditions favour disease from growth stage EL- 12 onwards, with a recommended use rate of 1.5 to 2.0 litres per hectare depending on disease pressure.
Click here to download the Technote on TIMOREX GOLD for sustainable winegrowing.
Click here to access the Product label, SDS and Haznote.